Odebrecht acknowledges its participation in illicit actions in its business activities.
It does not matter that we gave in to external pressure. Nor is it relevant that there are behaviors that the private and public sectors must resist and correct in their relationships.
What matters is that we acknowledge our involvement. We were complicit and did not fight these practices, as we should have.
This was a grave error. We violated our own principles and transgressed against the values of honesty and ethics.
We will not let this happen again.
Odebrecht apologizes, particularly for its failure not to have acted sooner.
Odebrecht’s ability to manage and execute that is recognized by our clients, the competency and commitment of our professionals, and the quality of our products and services should have been the basis for avoiding these mistakes.
Odebrecht has learned from these mistakes and is evolving.
We are committed, with great conviction, to reform.
Commitment to the Future
We have implemented the Odebrecht Commitment to Act with Ethics, Integrity and Transparency. All Odebrecht businesses, without exception, will practice this commitment, with conviction and responsibility.
We will not be complacent.
This Commitment is proof of our determination to change:
1. Fight and show zero tolerance for corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
2. Say no firmly and determinedly to business opportunities that conflict with this commitment.
3. Adopt principles firmly grounded on ethics, integrity and transparency in relations with public and private agents.
4. Never rely on cultural or customary market conditions as a justification for illicit actions.
5. Ensure transparency in information about Odebrecht, which should be accurate, comprehensive and accessible and published on a regular basis.
6. Be aware that misconduct, whether by action or omission or disregard is harmful to society, breaks laws and destroys the image and reputation of the Odebrecht Group as a whole.
7. Ensure that Odebrecht practices the Compliance System throughout the Businesses’ value chain, always up to date with the best benchmarks.
8. Individually and collectively contribute to necessary changes in the markets and settings where misconduct may be induced.
9. Incorporate into Members’ Action Programs evaluations of performance when following the Compliance System.
10. Have the conviction that this commitment will keep us on the path of Survival, Growth and Perpetuity.
Society now demands higher standards in the relationships between the government and private sector.
We wish to participate in this societal initiative, together with other sectors, and change the practices that prevailed in past public-private relations.
We support those that call for structural changes to ensure that the government and private sector comply with strict ethical and democratic standards.
This is our Commitment to the future.
This is our path to earn back your trust.